MEB AND MINISTRY OF YOUTH AND SPORTS SIGN PROTOCOL ABOUT SPORTS EDUCATION IN PRIMARY SCHOOLSMinister of National Education Mahmut Özer said during his speech at the ceremony held on the occasion of signing "Sports Education in Education Protocol" with the Ministry of Youth and Sports that expert trainers will help to improve sportive skills of fourth grade students in the entire Türkiye.
"Sports Education in Education Protocol" was signed during a ceremony participated by the Minister of National Education Mahmut Özer and Minister of Youth and Sports Mehmet Muharrem Kasapoğlu. In his speech at the ceremony held in the İstanbul Ataşehir Şehit Öğretmen Hasan Akan Primary School, Minister Özer said, "We have been carrying out many joint projects with the Ministry of Youth and Sports in order to support psychical, physiological, psychological and social development of our children in addition to their cognitive and academic skills."
Earlier this April, two ministries had signed a cooperation protocol for the update of the education program of sports high schools, joint use of existing sports facilities and support from the Ministry of Youth and Sports in the training program of teachers.
"We are happy to collect the services of both ministries under one roof. This cooperation increases the quality of our services and it also shows our ability to act together," stated Özer.
"We will design different joint projects soon"
Özer said that his Ministry is involved in cooperation with the Ministry of Youth and Sports in order to increase sportive activities of teachers and students in high schools and detect the skills of students and they will continue to design new joint projects soon.
Özer went on to say that: "Expert trainers of the Ministry of Youth and Sports will help to improve sportive skills of fourth grade students in the entire Türkiye. Actually, the final goal of these efforts is to raise quality human resources which is the most important capital of our country."
On the other hand, some of the highlights of sports education at schools program are;
- Trainers from the Ministry of Youth and Sports give training to 3,609 students enrolled in 43 schools in the selected 8 pilot cities namely Burdur, Erzincan, Kırklareli, Kırşehir, Sinop, Şırnak, Tokat and Uşak.
- As a part of "10.000 Schools Project" 8 primary schools are giving sports education.
- It is assessed that teachers, students and parents are happy about the sports education at schools and it increases the interest of students.
- Expert trainers will give theoretical and applied training programs to students during gym classes and during breaks in defined sports branches.
- "Sports Education at Schools" program aims at disseminating the project to the entire country throughout the school year.
- With the support of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, installation of a total of 3 thousand and 41 basketball hoops and 4 thousand and 629 table tennis tables continues as a part of "1,000 Schools in Basic Education" project.
- In cooperation between the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Youth and Sports, talents are detected among 3rd grade students as a part of Türkiye Sports Talent Detection.